Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 50: John 9-10

For any of you who are still looking for Hebrews 14-16, it does not exist. Typo. Forgiveness requested. If you're longing to read more, go through John a second time...

Man blind from birth: Who sinned? This man or his parents? Was commonly thought that these sorts of afflictions resulted from sin and caused such births. No one to blame; no cause-effect. What can God do with it? How can I learn to ask that question more often first? Spit paste applied to make the man see. Wash in the pool of Siloam (sent). Healed to serve--we get fixed so we can help fix others, so we may be sent on the road...I was blind and now I see. Healed man assumes the Pharisees are asking so many questions because they want to be Jesus' follower...not.

If this man didn't come from God, he wouldn't have been able to do anything. Pharisees throw him out.

Don't you recognize my voice? Do I...recognize Jesus' voice? He saw God present and at work in his life and he believed.

"I came into the world to bring everything into the clear light of day, making all the distinctions clear, so that those who have never seen will see, and those who have made a great pretense of seeing will be exposed as blind." "If you were really blind, you would be blameless, but since you claim to see everything so well, you're accountable for every fault and failure."

I Am--Bread of Life, World's light, gate for the sheep, Good Shepherd, Resurrection and Life, the Road, the Truth, the Life, the Real Vine.

My sheep recognize my voice. I know them and they follow me. I give them real and eternal life. They are protected from the destroyer for good. No one can steal them from out of my hand. The Father who put them under my care is so much greater than the destroyer or thief.

Intense fight with the Pharisees.

No comments:

Post a Comment